Thursday, January 8, 2009

So Tweet Friend


This will be my last High Hopes post for a little bit. I used another one of their cute dragon stamps called "Lenny's Love Me Nots" I think this was the first stamp I saw that made me start falling in love with their cute images...enough to make the move from the "aw how cute" to the "I have got to get my hands on some of those"
I colored with my watercolor pencils and dove blender, although my flash once again washed out the color to some extent. The patterned paper is from my VERY old stash, the cardstock is TACs Brown and DCWV (for the photo corner.
This card measures 4.25x 4 .25" (which in case you didn't know requires extra postage- I found out the hard way when one of my cards was returned). I didn't have an envelope that size, so I made my own. Here is a link to the website that I used for my envie http://chicnscratch.typepad.com/stampinacademy/2008/11/envelope-for-a.html She has a lot of great projects, check it out.

8 comments:

  1. Lovin' the dragons!!! Too Cute!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that postage issue, too. Now I make square cards when I know I'll be hand delivering.
    The dragons are cute and I love the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trudy!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving a sweet comment. You are a great color, but you mentioned trying real watercolor paper? Let me save you the hassle of trying to find (as I did) the best brand for stamping on and watercoloring (believe me, I tried lots of them out!). Canson Watercolor paper, 140 lb. cold press is what I found best, and the ink is important too: Versafine Onyx Black. That is a great combination that I have had the most success with.
    Yours in Christ, Crissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These HH dragons are so cute! Love this color combo... so bright & cheery (come on Spring!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! I've got to get my hands on those dragon stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, luv this stamp think i need it!! hehe, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I really like that pattern paper too! And the card below, Ace, is too cute too! Fun layout with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trudy I have been wanting this Dragon ..You did a wonderful Job you will win something soon I bet
    Diana

    ReplyDelete