Friday, January 30, 2009

Seeds of Blessing Blog Hop

I finally had the stamps to participate in an Angels Blog Hop. What is that? Well, a group of us angels pick a stamp set and create with it. Then on a set date we all show our creations on our blogs with link to all the other blogs. This is a fun way to see how fun and versatile a set is. This months set is "Seeds of Blessing" I love this set, the sentiments are so encouraging, and the images adorable.

I decided to make a wall hanging for my mom's birthday using pictures of my 3 munchkins. I used chipboard coasters and covered them with Reece cardstock and patterned paper. I cut out my mats and pictures using my Coluzzle and coluzzle companion (love them!). I colored my images with watercolor pencils and cut out around them.

I decided after I had them togther that they still "needed" something. I decided then to add some paper piercing around the circles. I used my paper piercer with a circle piece of plastic canvas. You can see the piercing if you look carefully at the close up.

Anthony




Brandon






Juliana




I also decided to make a matching 4x4 card. I used a left over piece of cardstock from my wall hanging (a square that I had cut a circle from, along with Rustic Chic paper and a peach piece of DCWV cardstock. I stamped the sentiment in brown ink on the cardstock cardbase that showed through the middle, added a couple of Bitty Blossoms attached with mini brads, and I was done. It was actually much easier than it sounds.
Here are the link to the other participants blogs.
If these blogs don't have the blog hop posted check back later, they may just noy be the morning people I am =)

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely work of art. The most special part is for who you did it and the meaning of this gift. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! Your kids are so cute!!! I love the colors!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nicely done!!! Love the pics of your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project! Love the little bugs around the pics (cute pics!) and love the placement of the flowers on the 4X4. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project, Trudy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome project, and your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh Trudy! I know your mom loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely project, the matching card is adorable with the blossoms..

    ReplyDelete