Monday, January 19, 2009

High Hopes Challenge #14

The challenge this week on High Hopes Blog was to make a "card for a dude" aka a masculine card. I had a card come to mind when I started thinking about this challenge and knew what I wanted to do...unfortunatly what I had in my head refused to come out on paper. I struggled with this card from the start...I couldn't even color well for some reason. I finally gave up and this is what we have.



Supplies:

Stamps: Lil Fire Chief (High Hopes)

Paper: Reece (TAC) both paper and cardstock from the Reece matching collections

Accessories: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, TAC ribbon, and screw snaps (TAC)

Ink: Palette Noir and TACs retired Cowboy Boots

Colored with watercolor pencil

7 comments:

  1. This is simply too cute! My neighbor is a firefighter, and this would be a perfect card for him! I love the brads you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card,Trudy! Love that image- great coloring! I like the screw brads too..Nice color and paper combos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trudy this is waaaaaaaaaay Cool ..You do such a great job
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring looks great to me! For all your struggles, you came up with a fantastic card anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Perfect for a boy! I love your colouring!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do the screw snaps come from? Great Card. I love the paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought mine a couple of years ago from TAC.

    ReplyDelete