Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Fourth of July


I made this card with another High Hopes stamp that my wonderful friend Diana sent me. She already had it so she thought it would be fun to do a card swap with just the two of us. She would send me a Happy Fourth of July card and I would send her one using the same image. I can't wait to see what she came up with.

The stars were made using TACs "Little Cowboy" set and then covered with gold Stickles, a couple layers that took FOREVER to dry. Two of the stars are also set up on pop dots, but it is hard to tell since I squished the card in the scanner trying to get a good image.

The do, and the boys hand on his head, are also up on thin pop dots to give depth to the image. I colored with watercolor pencil and a dove blender. I loved how it turned out....oh, and this card is extra big. It is a 8.5 x11 piece of cardstock folded in half. I have some really large envies that were given to me YEARS ago, but I never remember are there. I found them again when I had first received this image and knew what I wanted to do...even this size card was a little small for the envelope.

3 comments:

  1. Cute card, if you mean Diana M, she does wonderful cards. I hope you'll share your card to Id love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so CUTE! Great coloring, Trudy, and I really like the torn paper background :)

    ReplyDelete