Sunday, March 22, 2009

Guest Designer on My Blog

That is right, I have a guest designer on my blog today. My friend Melora and I got together to stamp a couple of weeks ago and she made 3 cards while I finished one. She picked her favorite card from hers and has graciously let me put it up on my blog.

Now for a little about Melora. She is a six years old, homeschooled girl, who has lived all her life in this wonderful state. She loves animals and reading. She is also, as you can tell, an AVID stamper, and has already been stamping for years....probably since she could hold a stamp in her hands =).

Creating these cards was a bit of a challenge for both of us. I had only pulled out 4 of the clam shells that I keep my scraps in for us to play with. We could only use those scrap, plus white cardstock. Since each of these clam shells only had one color in it (like all shades of pink, etc.) it was kind of interesting. We also only had black ink and colored pencils for coloring....not the coloring medium that I am the most comfortable with. We also only had ribbon scraps that I had been shoving into some little baggies when I was too lazy to put them back where they belonged.


Here is Melora's card:


Supplies:


Stamps: Little Stinkers (TAC)


Black ink (retired TAC)


Hearts PP (Provo Craft) Pink PP (Walmart), silver ribbon (SU!), scalloped punch (TAC), and colored pencils



And this is the card that I came up up with.

Stamps: Little Stinkers (TAC), scallop punch, circle punch (both TAC), colored pencil, white gel pen (TAC), paper piercer and plastic canvas, gingham ribbon (Walmart), corner rounder (Walmart), and black retired TAC ink

3 comments:

  1. How cute are both of these cards! Great layout, Melora! Great job coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Melora did a fantastic job, hard to believe she's only 6.

    ReplyDelete