Friday, August 17, 2007

Back from Vacation

I am back from a week and a half vacation, and boy do I need a vacation from my vacation! Don't get me wrong, it was a fun trip, but I am still worn out.

I travelled with some good friends, Justin and Sheena, in their van from Oklahoma to New York with 4 boys in the van ages 6,3,3, and 2. And Yes, we did have people telling us we were crazy before we started. We spent a week at a family church camp there in New York, where I also met up with my parents, some siblings Shari, Joe,and Rose, and my niece Faith (whom I had never seen before)and nephew David. After camp I went to my parents home in Maine for the weekend. It was so nice to be "home" again, and also to see my nephew Ezra, who I had also never met before. Sometimes it stinks living so far from family.

The trip home started out uneventfully, but it definitly didn't end that way. We met up with my friends again in Massachusetts, and settled in for an even more crowded trip home (how come there is always to much less room on the way home from vacation than there was on the way there, hmm?)
The last day of the trip was a doozy! We were on the road at 7ish in the morning, at about 11 we stopped for potty breaks and found a nail in the front tire. We got that patched and got back on the road. At 11:30ish we have a blowout on the OTHER front tire, what are the chances of that?!?! Justin changes that tire to the spare and we go back and get that one fixed, and he makes sure the tires are all good to go (after 2 in a row you have to be careful, if you know what I mean)
We are soon on the road again, but get this, we get about 15-20 miles down the road and there is ANOTHER blow-out!!! This time on the back of the van!!! The highway patrol, and the tire place both can't believe they are seeing us again. According to the tire place we can mark it down as two freak accidents in a row! Whatever, all I know is that with four little boys in a hot van, needing naps, but getting woken every couple of minutes for blown out tires, it was a LOOONG day. Oh, and did I mention it was 103 degrees in that shade that was still 93 when we pulled into my hometown at 10:30 that night.
I will have to post pics of all of this when I get them from Sheena, since my camera wasn't working.

I guess we were making memories, you know what they say, these hard times soon become the "good old days" I guess we will wait and see. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment