Monday, August 31, 2009

Hedgehog Halloween?


The main image on this card is from a brand new stamp set from The Angel Company's newest magalogue (aka supplement) called "Inspiration Avenue". Inspiration Avenue goes live for ordering tomorrow!
When I saw this stamp set in the maggie, I fell in love. The only problem was this is a Halloween set and I don't do Halloween. Looking at the set over and over I realized that this set didn't HAVE to be used for Halloween at all. This image was the one I had the hardest time deciding how to change to another use...when I found this sentiment in another one of my stamp sets I was so excited, it is perfect!
I will be sharing how I made the rest of the images in this set so totally NOT Halloween over the rest of this week. Be sure to stop back and see what I have done.
This card was so fun and easy to make because I used one of Heather's fabulous sketches, found HERE, and all I had to do was "fill in the blanks"
Supplies:
Stamps-Hedgehog Halloween, Bitty Bugs, and Running Stitches
Paper: Miss Moxie SWIC and matching cardstock
Ink: Palette Noir and Burnt Umber
Accessories: Colored pencil and watercolor pencil, mini heart brads, paper piercer and plastic canvas
Oh, and how was I so blessed to get my hands on images from this cute set before we are even able to order from the maggie? Well, it is because I have friends in high places, lol. The wonderful and talented card artist Laurie Willison was asked to design for TACs newest publication. She received this stamp set to work with. When she found out how much I liked it she sent me some stamped images as a RAK...I was so surprised and excited. You can see her fabulous work on her blog HERE Working with this set has made me even more sure I want it for my own. It is so fun to color and design with. Thank you Laurie.

2 comments:

  1. Trudy it is so adorable!Great coloring!! I am glad you love them! I do too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome match of saying to image (without being halloweeny). Very serendipitous. And how kind of Laurie to send you images.

    ReplyDelete